View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Banned

Default Make a wish is ANTI Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumtan View Post
You dont understand Jamie.....the people in the offices of the Make-A-Wish send the kids fishing (if that is their wish) through outfits like ours (free of charge BTW), The ladies in the office are volunteers and they dole out the wishes (whatever they may be) to the appropriate sources that fullfill those wishes. Its not like the staff there hunt or fish, so what else can they do other than out-source the wish? Get real.
Your rant is fruitless and shows how little you really know about the Make-A-Wish.
Rumtan, once again let me thank you for doing what you can for the kids. Any effort to give sick kids a chance to fulfill a dream is a noble effort.

Now let’s continue our conversation.

#1 I do understand Make a wish.. I wonder if you do??
Make a wish collects donations and then allows kids to go on a "Wish" trip. Be it Disney land, Visiting relatives, meeting a celeb.. Whatever they want, and Make a wish pays for these things out of donations

BUT they do not allow children to ask for a Hunting trip. This all came out a few years ago after the ANTIS threatened to pull financial support because a dying kid wished to go on a hunt of some sort. Even though they had all the Moral high ground any group could ask for, they CAVED!!!
Make a wish came up with BS excuse that sick kids couldn’t handle guns.. (But I wonder if anyone has tried the Bow End of things?)

That is the crux of my issue. You guys are sportsmen, why not support a group who supports what you do? I don’t like the excuse.. "They allow Fishing"
Because all that does is throw a dividing line between 2 groups that are actually one group.

My Rant is not fruitless... My rant is dead on, and you didn’t do your homework when you came up with this idea. (Well that and its not a Rant)
In a roundabout way, by that charity being picked, you just supported the ANTIS and the thought process to bring an end to hunting. I know that wasn’t what you had intended.. But that is one of the results.

You had no idea that they didn’t allow sick and dying kids to do what they wanted.

These are my feelings.
Make a wish is a organisation that does wonderful things for kids. However I chose to support the organisation that does similar things but are more to my tastes and what I would assume should be most Outdoorsmen's tastes.

Now that you know, what are your feelings on the subject?

Thanks
Jamie