View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 02:14 PM

Jamie, you posted this for no other reason than to start a fight and belittle what Rumtan is doing. There is a story behind why they do this Make a Wish derby and I have been told it and I respect Rumtan for what he is doing.

And if I choose to support Rumtan in his endevaour that is my decision and my decision only. Not yours or anyone elses for that matter. I surely will not be judged by anyone on this forum for supporting Rumtan. I was invited down to see the fruits of their labour when they have the sick kids out fishing and I may well take him up on his offer. It is too bad by your attack on this fine endeavour that some kids now may not get their wish because of some external politics that they have no control over. Not every sick kid in the world wants to go hunting!

As for other groups, well then step up to the plate and do what Rumtan is doing and start a derby for them. I am sure we will gladly support it as anything to help out the sick kids in this country gets my attention.

As for PETA, if they are supporting the Make a Wish foundation so be it. I may not agree with their views on hunting but I agree with their support of this fine charitable organization. I will not let petty politics get in the way of helping out others less fortunate. If I had that attitude I would have never volunteered my time as much as I have done.