View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 11:11 AM

Question Serious question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
Agreed. A Strathcona WT Lisence is required in the area of 248 they were in. Neither had that special lisence. Looking for Deer is hunting as defined in the Regs. Guilty and Guilty.
You seem to be confident that this statement is correct, so I will ask you directly: as per my previous posts (#39 & #42) in this thread, would you be able to point out the pertinent section/wording in the 2018 Alberta Hunting Regulations that corroborates this?
I looked, I can't find it, I even downloaded the latest .pdf version of the 2018 Regs from the government website... still not seeing it.

FWIW- I think AEP messed up the wording during editing, same as some other regulations that have been discussed on this forum. The law has to be interpreted the way it is written, not how it used to be written. (eg. "May harvest within Strathcona County" is not the same as "Required to harvest within Strathcona County")

Disclaimer- this based on interpretation of the OP's statement and subsequent clarifications, if his statements are false or misleading, all bets are off.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell