View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
I beg to differ with you. The poll results from my perspective CLEARLY show that people want change. It is time for us to move from the dark ages and do away with archaic, close minded thinking in regards to our fisheries.

If you fear change for the better it only indicates your ignorance, selfish, narrow mindedness. There will be more "quality" lakes in the near future as people that care about our fisheries make changes regardless of what a few thoughtless people believe.

As for the poll, if you can't do simple addition, it is difficult to take any of your statements seriously. People taking time to submit a vote to the poll clearly want change. [/LEFT]

i am not going to write the numbers out again but if you read the whole thing instead of just the last page you will see my previous post.

numbers of lisensed anglers + number of members on ao = how many votes on the poll . people are either against it or cant be bothered, if they supported it they would vote. maybe you should do the research and get your calculator out.[/QUOTE]

Tosh...what you fail to see is that this is a subset. AOF may have 10,000 members. 5000 maybe fishermen...but maybe only 500 actively watch the site every day... In which case this poll has huge return numbers but I challenge anyone to say we are not in the correct demographic to be asking this question. I would laugh it off along with you if this was a fishing poll taken at a golf course. But a fishing poll on a fishing website...so be it. If you send out a letter or email requesting voting on a subject and get 2-5% back...you are happy as stink.

In the end...no one is debating if this prove decisively...however even with a large...massive margin of error...it STRONGLY points in the direction that people want change.

If you miss that...you are not looking at the big picture and that is a shame.

Sun