View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I think that for us all to be able to stick together on issues that affect us and some more than others we need to be willing to give up some beliefs.

To get acceptance of handgun hunting will be a big hurdle. There are too many people against guns yet alone pistols and then the right to hunt with one.

I am not stupid nor do i like regulations or the nanny state. However I am a realist and i do not see the government giving in to let is do something that we have not been permitted to do in most likely my life time if not longer. So if we expect to be granted some extra privaliges then we need to be willing to give in to some restrictions. We license drivers only after testing. We license trades after testing. We license profeesionals after testing, but we then let them police.themselves.

So why dont we give the government a solution. Make it easy for them. Show that we are willing to undertake testing and licensing for this new privelage. Let us police the licensing so it does not cost the government money. Set up specialized testers at the various ranges to test new hunters. Seems simple enough to me, and it should give enough of an argument to stop those oposed to guns.
The Canadian Firearms Safety Course - Restricted was developed for this reason.

No further courses are required. Just like anything, practice.

I feel no need to appease government. They work for ME. I dont work for them. And if they don't do what I want, I vote against them.

And if they are really bad, we start a "turf" project, like we did on CGN to get rid of Mark Holland (Ajax Pickering).....and yes, we got rid of him.

Every single vote counts.

The trick is, getting everyone to join and help out. Everyone.