View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I think that for us all to be able to stick together on issues that affect us and some more than others we need to be willing to give up some beliefs.
It appears to me that the problem is not so much not being willing to give up some beliefs, although that may well be the root of the problem, but here, the bigger problem is personal attacks rather then debate. Some very nasty personal attacks I might add.

I have encountered that far more often in here then simple refusal to give up a belief.

Quote:
To get acceptance of handgun hunting will be a big hurdle. There are too many people against guns yet alone pistols and then the right to hunt with one.
I think you are absolutely right about that.
Nevertheless, I see no harm in trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
The Canadian Firearms Safety Course - Restricted was developed for this reason.

No further courses are required. Just like anything, practice.

I feel no need to appease government. They work for ME. I dont work for them. And if they don't do what I want, I vote against them.

And if they are really bad, we start a "turf" project, like we did on CGN to get rid of Mark Holland (Ajax Pickering).....and yes, we got rid of him.

Every single vote counts.

The trick is, getting everyone to join and help out. Everyone.
Very well said. If given the opportunity I will certainly vote yes to allowing hand gun hunting.