View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Black R/T View Post
the first year or two it was allowed i bet everyone would want to try handgun hunting.....the initial excitment would wear off fast though once guys realized just how hard it is to get into handgun range of a nice buck...much like archery it will be too much work for the weekend warriors who just want to sit in their truck all day...leaving only the dedicated few out there with handguns chasing game....the same dedicated few that take the time to be archery proficient and actually account for far less wounded game than the general rifle crowd.

before i get flamed...i hunt the archery season and the general rifle seasons....and given the chance i would hunt with a handgun too....i love to hunt, PERIOD...to me its about getting out as often as is legal and experiencing every opprotunity alberta has to offer.

Id love to sit my stand a few times a year with a single action .44 mag.....ill be damned if a 270wsm or 30-06 would kill a deer any better at a suitable distance.
I don't think many people realize that thier are pistols that are designed for the purpose of big game hunting and that there more than capable of a 250 yard shot with deadly accuracy if you do your part I wuold not hunt with a handgun personally but see nothing wrong with it. these type of handguns are not your home defence guns or cowboy 6 shooters. and guys that use this type of pistol are usualy awesome rifle shots so there maybe afew more animals for us rifle hunters if they are allowed to try with a pistol.