View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 11:31 AM

I just had my front yard Spruce Topped during late spring(and an Ash in the back), cut almost in half actually as the Spruce leaned toward the alley a bit so it's natural path when falling would be bad. And if it came down, it would take many power wires which would then fall across a major road. The Tree dude didn't like how much I wanted off but it's fine and I have no concerns when the wind blows now.

Its an ugly duckling of a tree( maybe I should have just got rid of it) as whoever planted them both had put them too close to each other so the other tree's bigger canopy pushed the Spruce outwards and such but I like it for the birds and hope it will now fill in more. I will trim the tree beside it this fall. At least now it wont come down. It was as high as a city power pole. And if I want it gone down the road, I can deal with it now.

2 trees, just under $800 bucks. Guys were in and out in 3 ish hours. Branches chipped and cleaned up too. I kept some trunk pieces for camping firewood.

Ya thats the City running a power wire from the pole to the first Street Light right through my tree. The tree dude cleaned it up a bit in that area so nothings close to their wire anymore.

jpg.gif 045.jpg (85.7 KB)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 045.jpg (85.7 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by Sooner; 06-28-2017 at 11:36 AM.