View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 06:02 PM

Thumbs down

I was in Hawaii in 2011 when the Earthquake hit Japan, when there was risk of radiation hitting the Islands, and when the Tsunami sirens were going off for hours. There were rocks showing in the harbour that 70 year old residents had never seen before. There was not widespread panic, there was still water available at the ABC stores, but the high roads into the mountains were absolutely jammed. Everyone was told to go to hotels at least 10 stories up in case the floodwaters came in. Look at what happened in Japan.
To laugh at the people there is lets say uninformed and insensitive.
This was an orchestrated event, people in power knew that if Hawaii was targeted, Oahu in particular for whatever reason a couple million people would die instantly, if it was a nuclear attack.
I would completely understand the panic, imagine how horrific the day would have been. Every news outlet, every television radio siriusXM, all the police radios and cell phones on the Islands playing 'there is a missile enroute, this is not a drill'.
I would say 95% of the people there would be in complete hysterics, the children and women would be completely inconsolable, and a hell of a lot of the men too. This could have been the start of WW3, but lol, those stupid tourists, nothing happened how can you be suffering???
How fast do you think Pearl Harbour can be cleaned out?
Sitting here I would like to say I would have sat on the beach and waited for the end, but I honestly can't say what I would have done.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....