View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 02:24 PM

I started out at a young age around 12 or 13 hunting geese and ducks on lake of the woods Ontario,i started working at 15 logging and was snaring rabbits and shot my first deer that winter.
I started to guide for fishing around 17 and when the spring bear hunts and fall moose hunts,i bought a new 7mm rm m65 tikka and feel in love with the outdoors it till this day.

Lotsa of my guessed were good hunters and I tried to learn as much as possible and learned that discipline was a key factor and loved the outdoors like it was my home even more than home.
Even to this day my home is just place for my family to be secure and to keep my belongings and be with my wife,but she knows me like a book and when I would say I am going to be gone for a few weeks she knew I was doing what i loved,i didn't spend weeks on end just to kill something,i was there to spend time with the animals that I wanted to learn so much about,hunting is not about bragging wright's or how many you shot,it's something I respect very much,i don't run around telling guys on how many times I cuddle my wife and same applies to my hunting,it's very personal .

Ever time I drive back to some of my old hunting areas I say to myself,you made it back home again and all the memory's of the great times I had.

I tried hunting with others ,but they seemed more into killing and heading to the hotel to brag,so after a couple of them guys I hunted solo most of my life and enjoyed the outdoors to the fullest ,I got hurt a couple years ago and for a while I thought it was all over,but within a year I should be able to go back home and visit my old stompin grounds.Hunting is way of life and something that is depleting very fast in our parts so I can't wait to see what is left and where I will go next.

When you can get into the middle of 2 groups of moose and make the right calls and hear them in -25 below weather busting the trees and making a heck of a racket an seeing them show up on both sides is a thrill I will never forget and not even thinking about squeezing that trigger,because I went there for that moment and the thrill was enough make it the greatest hunt of all.Shooting one meant my season was over and that happened only in the last few days of the season .

Last edited by JD848; 06-20-2017 at 02:40 PM.