View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonescreek View Post
Hey Norm, I know you all are into fall hunting season right now, I'm getting ready
for it down here myself. Hope you don't mind if I ask you to post a "how to" on
setting up a scope for your bow sight when you get some time.

There are many factors and setting involved and to be considered when trying
to set up a sight with a lens. Example .. how far in or out do you move the sight
housing using the dove tail mount of the site to start with ?
Do you start with a clarifier in your peep or add that later, trying 2x -6x lens ?
When do you need a verifier or not ?

I've seen you help many others with bow and tuning questions and would really
like to hear how you get your self set up with a lens etc.
Would help me out a lot (nubbie) and maybe some others on here too.
Now maybe not the time I understand but if you could put something up later
that would be great!
Send me a PM if you do so I can check it out, Thanks.
:-)
I moved the sight in or out on the dovetail so that the scope housing was framed in the peep to my satisfaction. I then decided on using a 4x lens so I installed that. I then did a trial and error with the clarifier. I thought a #2 would be best, but in the end I decided on a #1.

As far as I understand it, a verifier is used when the pin is not clear, and a clarifier is used when the target is not clear. I did try a 6x lens, but the pin was not clear and I did not have a supply of verifiers on hand so I abandoned it. When I put the 4x lens in the target was a little fuzzy, so like I said I just trial and errored with the clarifiers I had on hand.

You may be able to get away without either with a 2x lense. When I put one in I could see both the pin and target clearly, but I was looking for a little more magnification for my 3 spot bow.

I hope this helps out a little and gives you a place to start? Sounds a little hit and miss, but I don't think there really is a prescribed method of doing this. People with more experience feel free to jump in. This is my first "dabble" with optics, so I have a lot to learn as well!

Norm