Thread: WCB sucks
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 09:36 AM

as i said i made 120 to 140,000 a year...

just to let u know i have 2 herniated disks and have had 2 back surgerys in the last year...now looking at a fusion of the lower 3 lvls of vertibate...

when i was first hurt i had one herniated disk impacting the theickle sack..(spinal cord)...wcb told me i was fine and people lived with this problem all there lives...my doctor referred me to an orthopedic specalist...wcb ignored the referal and put me through a 6 week rehab at millard center in edmonton...

at the end of the 6 weeks wcb said i was 100 % good to go for work and at pre accident lvl...i refused to sighn off on that and they then referred me to the orthopedic spec...after he had an mri done there were now 2 hemmoraged disks that required surgery...

had the surgery and was recovering when i pulled a mussle in my back...was way differnt then the disks...yes u can tell....so wcb sent me back to millard center for an exsam by there doctor who cleared me for a functinal compastity exsam....basicly lift as much weight as u can....

they then shattered the disk at l-5 s-1 that i had just had surgery on...never gave it enough time to heal...so off i went for sugery #2...

at this point the scare tissue has built up around the nerve root and is holding on to the nerve..also the disk is slidding back and forth in to the nerves...now its a waiting game to see if surgery #3 is going to happen..

now im bitter becouse if wcb would have handled my injury right in the first place i would be back at work now...insted im classed as light duty for the rest of my life....im 34 years old...compleate garbage...there doctors clear anyone for the program so they can collect a pay check...even my surgon was po'ed that they had done this not once but twice...

so belive me when i say i know how they work...benn there done that and still fighting for whats right...

when u go from 140,000 to 45,000 a year it hurts...try living off 1/3 of your house hold income...savings dont last long at all...

rob