View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
I own Four Leupolds and a Zeiss 4.5x14x44 and there is no comparison in quility when you compare the clarity of the glass on the zeiss to my Four leupolds.

I Will probably always go with zeiss from now on,however Istill like my leupolds and will keep them.I do think that the leupolds are more Durable\Ruged than the zeiss,so it's a tough call.
I had the same questions when Corlane/Rocky Mountain Rifles was putting together my new X-Bolt .300 WSM. I found that optically they were very similar but after asking more questions it came out that a low % Leupolds have had to go back for warranty issues over the years vs a bit higher % of Zeiss Conquests that have gone back since their introduction. By no means was I directed away from the Conquest; they did say it was an awesome scope. They said they just wanted to answer my questions with their own expierience. I've dealt with the same gunsmith there for years, so I do trust his info. In the end I decided to go with a VX3 4.5 x 14 x 40. I don't think a guy can make a bad choice with these 2 scopes.