View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 10:18 PM

Default This is true...I can prove it

Many years ago the bro and I were fishing with our mom at Hasse, we hooked into some med weight sinking flyline and dragged it into the boat, ended up with not a bad flyrod and reel on one end and a nearly dead 3ish lbs rainbow on the other...we kept both.

Salmon fishing a few years ago I had a salmon grabbed by a seal, ended up hooking the seal but he was no match for the 20# test we were using. Lost the hookup including the flasher so the entire event cost about $20. Not too sure what we'd have done if we got him to the boat...

Helped a fella jig for a 9.8hp merc engine his nephew dropped off the back of a boat on Sproat Lake near Port Alberni around 1981, he ended up hooking it and retrieved it. I think he'd a stuffed his smart-alec nephew to the bottom of the lake if he was unable to hook the engine.

About 30 yrs ago had a scouting friend hook himself in the head trying to mimic our fly casting efforts with his spinning rod, drove 2 barbs of a treble hook into his noggin...barbed hooks are tough to pull out. Boy Scout motto is "Be Prepared"...not too sure how you prepare for something like this.

All of this is true...Mr Drewski Canuck can attest to it.

Zeke