View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Banned

ill say it again....get some experience with it before judging. they are nowhere near as accurate as you seem to belive. yes you could sight it in at 60 and tell someone else to shoot it and they could. but if it was sighted in at 60 you would miss a deer completely at 40. if they have not done the practice and gotten familiar with it, they wouldnt hit anything at any range but 60. i dont see the advantage in that. as for holding it...yes we already agreed there. using a rest...ok. range extension because of kinetic energy, nope you are wrong there. vertical bows have a higher kinetic energy as the range gets extreme...like out to 100 where really next to noone can be truly accurate with either weapon without an extreme amount of practice. mechanical drawing...yes they do and that is why they are a great option for those who are handicapped. top of the line scopes? there has already been a link provided for scopes for vertical bows....didnt you see it? either way, a scope is just another sight mechanism. the scope does not equal accuracy...only practice does. and dont forget with the arc of an arrow from any bow, most scopes are actually a handicap vs pins.
and i hope this was just a typo....but you say that higher poaching capabilities are an ADVANTAGE of a crossbow???? i dont think i want to get into that discussion.
your opinion of crossbows is just that...an opinion. you are entitled to it, but based on the facts surrounding a crossbow i believe you are misinformed.