View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle30 View Post
Would you agree that there is a % of the archery population that feel that compound bows and traditional bows are nowhere near the same thing? I have no idea what that percentage is but I'm sure there are plenty that think that way. I see the arguement on here all the time that aboriginals want to continue their year round hunting they should do so with a stick and string. No compounds or rifles.

To me, outside of the string technological advancements leave very little that is similar. Limbs, cams, letoff etc.

I was really saying that all your arguments could have been twisted a number of years ago to make an arguement against compund bows. Answer this question for me. What would your response be to those that say that Compound bows due to the technoloical advancements should not be considered archery? Afterall if it were not for compound bows there is a large % of the archery popoulation that would not be competent enough to take animals with true stick and string.

I don't have the will to debate it further, I just think X numbers of years ago traditionals bow hunters might have been saying similar things about compounds.
I'm sure that an arguement could be made for what your are saying. But , a traditional bow transition to compound bow is a natural evolution in the archery field, much like the model t to the new age in trucks. Technological advancements are a part of our culture , we as a society desire improving our lives. The one constant in trucks, guns or archery is that the fundamentals have not changed drastically.

Both types of archery tackle still require the use of 2 arms, muscle strength, draw specific draw lengths, Vertical risers, un aided hold capabilities.Both bows are also safe loaded and require being pulled to be dangerous. etc....

My arguement here that I maintain is that, Xbows are more closely related to rifles, and not bows. They would have more of a right to be used in a primitive weapon season, rathar than use them in an Archery only season.
I don't have a problem with them as long as they are designated in the right catagory, and that's NOT in Archery.