Thread: CFR in Red Deer
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
Edmonton will regret tearing down Northlands, and not fighting to keep the CFR. Who will attend Farmfair now? Hopefully they will relocate to Red Deer as well, and Edmonton will have lost all the millions that poured into the city every November. Rogers was not designed to effectively host livestock events... at the PBR event that ran concurrently with the CFR, all the bulls were hauled from Ponoka daily. Brilliant. And to agree to tear down a perfectly good venue as part of the Roger's Coliseum contract has to rank as one of the dumbest ideas ever made by a city council. Hopefully Red Deer can handle it, but the Centrium capacity is much smaller...7819 if they use the floor, which obviously they cannot for a rodeo!

What does it cost to keep the old coliseum standing outside of the week CFR is in town? These venues require well over 100, maybe 150+ booked dates annually to be cost effective.

I don't want any of my tax money going towards keeping it open and I sure as heck don't want one penny to go towards the Northlands management group. They couldn't organize a sock drawer unless there was taxpayer funds (losses) involved.

Blow it up.