View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLH View Post
Are you going to share this "full and acceptable explanation" or should we just suppose that it was a condition of the transaction. Which I would suggest is a reasonable condition for both "buyer" and "seller" for the betterment of the mission of ACA.

I'd also just like to add that I find it so frustrating when it is suggested (especially in a situation like this) that something like bow only or fly tackle only is "eltist" or "restrictive". It is not, it is open equally to all, some just choose to not take part.

As for ACA's decision to be a part of this deal, it is much better to be a part of this rather than be sidelined by some ideology like what was suggested in the OP.
ACA shares the same ideology according to the gentleman I spoke with and will not be promoting elitism and restrictions unless absolutely necessary. They want the sites to be equal access to everyone.

The seller considered the use of firearms a safety concern as he lives nearby. It wasn't a moral or ethical thing.

People should be able to hunt and fish with the tackle they enjoy using, not what someone else considers more ethical.