View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:25 PM

Default Looking for "mentor" in the Spruce Grove/Stony Plain area

I am a 37 year old male, married with two daughter. I will drink a couple of beers on weekends and do not do drugs. I am in IT and do not care about talking sports. I can talk all day about movies and food amongst other things.

I recently got my PAL and hunting license. I own a .22, a 30-06, a 12 guage shotgun with two barrels (bird and deer) and a compound bow. I used to go fising on a regular basis but this past year has been pretty busy. I live at an acreage North of Stony Plain. Ideally, I would like to start with gophers (yes I know it is too late) and move up from there. I love deer meat (well meat in general) and in the long run would like mount a few heads. I got two girls and would like to bring the "boys" in the room.

For now though as I said, any meat will do. I guess the biggest challenge would be the field dressing. I am the type of guy that learn by hands on. Reading books and watching videos is one thing but doing it is another. I have no problem gutting fish...

For the next little while, I have a pretty tight schedule. That is why I would like to do like a one dayer, somewhere near by. Does not matter if it is deer, ducks or any other meat. If someone had it scheduled, I am sure I would make the time to go. I also have a friend that has gone hunting before, that would like to tag along.

PM me if interested...