View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Well done. I suspect that there will be a lot of interest in trades, acquisitions, resigning, etc in the offseason. Signing Kane would be nice but can the Oilers afford him. I saw Holland on the news tonight stating that finding a number 1 goalie wasn’t likely so it sounds like Skinner will be a regular next year. Smith....who knows? He wants to resign Kulak as well.
In my opinion Holland is not only a smart hockey guy but he knows how to manage the Edmonton Oilers fan base as well. Guaranteed the old fox has a lot more options then he lets on but unlike so many Oilers GMs in the past he’s not going to make a move just to appease the fan base.
I think he goes by the philosophy under promise and over deliver. Look at what he’s done in his short time here after inheriting a gigantic mess from Chiarelli.
When he came over people were saying his downside was he sells the future to win now and that’s why Detroit was where it was. He may have done that in Detroit I don’t know, but he seems very cautious about jeopardizing the future with rentals and calculated in Edmonton.

Time will tell but going by results it looks to be about the best GM the Oilers have had since cigar man Sather. Just the fact he didn’t run to give everyone a raise like the Oilers did last time they went this far is a big bonus lol. Horcoff scoring ten goals a year making more then most in the top six in the NHL just wasn’t sustainable lol.