View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Yes that's quite the weight difference, which is exactly why I went for a 2 stroke. I like to keep it as light as possible so I don't need to trailer it.

Question, now that you have a white intake foot to compare you think it's the same material as your black one? I am not having any luck finding a poly foot around here at all and Jet Wolf is not a option.

Found a outfit up in Alaska ( Jetech LLC ) that has stock for a brand called " Vezdehod " that is urethane rubber intake foot, also has alum or steel liners to fit. If I ordered only the intake foot from them, I may have to mod it a bit to fit
my stock liner. Shipping I imagine would be costly though.

Tommy
The white intake is UHMW, just like the skid plates on most jet boats. It’s the first one I’ve seen but it’s pretty nice. Looks to be machined out of a solid piece and good quality. It’s a Jet Wolf just like the black poly intake on my 2-stroke.

The first poly intake I had was a Vezdehod. They are great quality and a bit beefier than the Jet Wolf intakes. Mine stood up to hundreds of hits and looked pretty much new when I sold the boat in the late fall. They are also made in Russia so they will get pretty scarce soon. The only issue with the Vezdehod is they don’t have a spigot that fits into the bottom of the pump to line it up like an original intake or a Jet Wolf. Without that spigot they are very hard to line up when installing it and a good hit could push the intake out of alignment causing the impeller to rub on one side of the liner. Vezdehod does sell a liner with a spigot on it like the larger stock liners on bigger models of intakes which fixes that issue but I could never get one. A stock liner does work but again, it’s a pain to install. I’ve had the intake lined up perfectly to the pump so there is minimal clearance between the liner and impeller but then tightened the mounting bolts and it’s pulled slightly to one side so there is a gap on one side and no clearance on the other side.