View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
The Government believes in implementing effective measures with respect to firearms that prioritize public safety, while
remaining mindful of the need for such measures to be manageable for firearms owners and businesses. Naturally, the
safety of firearms users is always a paramount consideration.
8BAny device intended to muffle the sound of a firearm has been unlawful in Canada since the early 1900s. Sound
reduction or elimination diminishes the public’s ability to react to gun violence and makes it harder for law enforcement
to become aware of a possible criminal incident.

9BThe Minister of Justice encourages firearms owners to make use of other forms of hearing protection that are commonly
available and that do not adversely impact public safety.
Got the email myself yesterday, and ^ that is laughable. I love this country, but why does there seem to be so many knuckle-heads running the show? I signed the petition but will admit....I was kind of chuckling when I did. Why? ZERO hope that this government will look at the subject objectively. They delivered.

It would have been nice if they at least considered the US model for private ownership of suppressors.