View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 08:06 AM

I believe the WCB will pay a percentage of your wage to you. I am thinking that this percentage will be source deduction free, but I am not 100 percent sure on that.
If you are fit for modified duties as per your doctors limitations, you will have to go to work, as long as your employer can find you a suitable and meaningful task to do within the doctors limits.
While you have already seen your doctor it's too late to pursue the OIS (occupational injury services) route. With OIS you do not need to make an appointment to see the doctor, clinics that participate in OIS have a special area for work place injuries. They also have direct connections for rehab and physiotherapy. My understanding is that they also have a standing MRI appointment booked everyday, so no waiting around for months to have this procedure done.
It sucks to be hurt at work, but attitude is everything when dealing with WCB. Be cooperative, do what they ask you to do and you should be alright.
As for your boss worrying about his premiums instead of your health and safety, well that is concerning, and if I were you I would be looking in the help wanted section of the paper. No need to work for an employer like that in Alberta today!!

Just my .02

BW