View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 09:52 AM

Pm Walleyedude or Mudslide. I am sure either will have your answer if they dont see this thread first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishwhere View Post
Hey guys,

So we went to slave for 5 days and only got about 6-7 hrs of fishing. Didnt get a chance to fish for pike because water was so murky from the crazy wind all week long. Mostly jigging for walleye near spruce point and got some but nothing too crazy, biggest around 51cms. But heres something crazy i found out.....

We were jigging the first evening right beside other boats we were with and they were doing quite well, same hooks, same bait etc etc... they out caught us easily 10-1. So we summed it up to the exact spot and called it a night a little dissapointed. Next morning we got out again and set up right where they were and did not catch anything again. Meanwhile i was marking fish on my sonar while we were sitting there, they would take a quick look at the hooks and leave. This happened over the course of an hour -2hrs and we got maybe 1. I thought perhaps one of the reasons was my spot lock/trolling motor holding us on the spot and so that day and the day before i resorted to anchoring up as well with no difference. Now a couple boats set up around us and starting all catching.... i took a last random effort and turned my fish finder off and within 30 seconds we had 2 hooked up, and then another 2 more after that. It was that fast - this continued on for the next 2-3 hrs until we ended up leaving for lunch.

Sorry this is getting long - however, i have a lowrance gen 3 hds. I have noticed the last few trips that ive had it out it has made a quiet audible continuous clicking noise from the transduscer it sounds like whenever i run my 2d sonar/transduscer on either chirp or regular mid or low range frequencies. On either of the high frequencies the clicking seems to stop(but that is what i resorted to using while fishing because i couldnt hear it. Needless to say the fish definitely did!!! So i dont know if this has something to do with maybe a damaged transduscer from a stray rock from travelling or what, but what happened the second i turned it off was shocking on the instant response.

Has anyone had this before? Or had the same thing happen even when you couldnt hear any noise regarding the fish responding better with the sonar off? I think i have heard of some people saying the same thing before. But i had a gen 2 and never had a problem like this before - we used to jig perch all day and watch them on the sonar with them continuously biting non stop.

Let me know what you think.