View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Too warm, nothing moving. It’s the same for everyone that i’ve Talked to. Except Rob, Rob always catches coyotes no matter what......
3 things I can think of for the few dog sightings .. first we just got done with deer season and the barrage of gunfire that each and every dog has been subjected to , some are educated , some are dead ... second , with the high price that coyotes fetched last couple years anybody with a rifle is suddenly a predator hunter , whether calling or drive bys its pressure that keeps dogs out of sight .. and last its like you say Dave, it's just plain too warm , lots of mice and no need to expose themselves in daylight hours to eat . The Christmas holidays with the seasonal hunters it brings with it will further put a damper on coyote sightings . Snares will still be working 24/7 and tho coyotes arent hitting baits they still have to eat and travel , we've moved our sets out away from them and are targeting trails and using random sets to set up a web of snares . My son has had good luck near one bait , with 6 caught first set and 15 in last 13 days ... none within 15 yds of the bait .