View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella View Post
I have been thinking of getting the Strikemaster 40V, but i am hearing that the blades on them dull really fast and they are super pricey to replace and you cant sharpen them. Any experience or confirmation on this?
If you are drilling through a lot of dirty ice than ya they probably won't be the best but with that said the only time I've had a problem and burnt through a set, my buddies jiffy chipper blade suffered the same fate and they are supposed to be better suited to that stuff.

I still run a gas powerhead but the blades are the same and the set on my 10" flight is going into it's fourth season. I've ran strikemasters for a long time and have had multiple sets go that long. My 8" flight is somewhere around 20 years old now, half the powder coat is missing and it's seen 3 maybe four sets of new blades with a lot of holes drilled.

Indeed they are harder to resharpen and have had them done long story short the results have been mixed and have had best luck touching up with a small pencil sharpener, a vice, and some patience and have found out the hard way that a dull power point can make perfectly good blades seem dull. Don't bother with strikemasters hand sharpener.