View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist View Post
You did the right thing. Here are a few methods that I have implemented into my bowhunting adventures.

To begin with, that is why I always buy a bear tag. I likely would never shoot a bear otherwise, but, in the event that I would feel I’d have to shoot one, I want to be able to do it without having to explain why I didn't have a tag and/or, why I felt threatened enough to justify killing it in the first place. (Although in the case of a Grizzly, I suppose the tag scenario wouldn't be an option anyway).

In addition to that, on my back, I carry a 12-Gauge short defender-style shotgun loaded with slugs. The scabbard that it sits in, straps on like a back-pack, and in no way hinders maneuverability with the bow or in the bush. The pistol-grip of the shotgun sits tight right behind my shoulder, and I can reach back and be armed in an instant.

In addition to that (if that fails), I always carry bear spray on my belt.

In addition to that (if that fails), I have a 16" Bowie knife sheathed on the front strap of the scabbard at my chest (for close combat).

In addition to that, (if that too fails), I have a good life-insurance policy so that my family is taken care of.

In addition to that, I am prepared to meet my maker. If I should die at the jaws of bear, I believe that God would agree that at least I had done all I could to stay alive, and that I didn’t go down without a fight!
I either read or saw somewhere that i u use bear spray you have a better chance of not being attacked further if bear spray is used than a fire arm. So I think instread of carrying a bear gun im gonna use bear spray. If i am to die...I'd rather die in the woods in the food chain than in a car wreck