View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spopadyn View Post
I bought the same boat 3 years ago but with a 75Hp engine. Works really well for lakes but I have actually added a Lowrance package and 2 down riggers (if you buy the gear at Bass Pro Shops they will install it for free). With the V-hull you can take it out on the inside ocean and do some salmon fishing. In fact, I drag it to Vancouver Island every year at begining of July and go for Sockeye in Port Alberni and then fish the Georgia Strait for Springs and Lings/bottom fish (Sangster Island in front of Parksville). It is a really good fishing rig and with my 75Hp engine I can get it up to 30Mph (plenty fast enough). Also, with the 2 down riggers you can go after lakers in the summer (and Kokanee or other non-top water fish). I have mine parked in the Okanagan and it is fantastic for fishing the Kootenays, Shuswap, Oknagan Lake and Kalamalka. You have opened up a huge door of fishing oppportunities for yourself. Good luck and tight lines.
X2 on the Lowrance network! Did it on mine with structure scan and engine interface, fuel monitoring, blah, blah....fantastic system and that big screen right there in your face with more info then my poor brain can handle. And definately. 2 riggers....haven't been able to hit the coast yet, but once I figured out how to operate everything it sure made Cold Lake a whole new ball game!