View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 06:54 AM

Never said anything bad about the sale just there are items that are not as great of a deal as people think as they get caught in the hype. Just like staff used to buy at Cabelas/Bass Pro/WSS sometimes as there sale prices were better than staff pricing at TFH.

And yes I have ran the sale so I do know what it is all about first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty9 View Post
Hmmm. Ok, well, not sure where you're coming from on buyer beware...it's a universal principle, is there a reason you think it especially applies to the TFH wall to wall sale? Most people comparison shop anyways these days, since the internet makes it so easy. The other point of view on buyer beware is about private sales, but TFH is store, with generally a pretty good reputation for customer service so...

'anywhere else that has fishing gear on sale'...yes, I agree that's quite true. Except, there's no predicting when other places are having a sale. In Edmonton, where I live, there's only Cabela's now (no more WS) and a new fly shop (Reid's) in the west end. Neither has predictable sales on stuff I want.

The GREAT thing about TFH wall to wall sale is that I have been able to COUNT on it...for years. Always 3rd week of August. I'd say half my fly rods were bought at this sale because I was able to plan for it. And the do have some smoking good deals on high end stuff; all the good stuff I have was bought at least 40% off. Plus, re-stocking flies, leaders, and tippet etc.

I like supporting other businesses, including the fly shops in Calgary - though, less now that we have Reid's - but none of them have a predictable sale like TFH wall to wall.