Thread: metis info
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburg View Post
The message I got from his post was to plz not paint all with one brush, but here you are painting all proposed Metis harvesters the same as this individual, because he doesn't need it, none of them need it. I'm not sure if you communicated properly, but at the risk of dragging this back to the drivel it was for a few pages, and now that you few seem to be playing nicer, my takeaway is that you are jealous it's not you who get's in on this.( from the comments you've made)under the disguise of animal populations.....just my perception
No, my stance is/was that this was a political move by our govrnment with zero intent on preserving people or heritage, but just to gain brownie points at the cost of our wildlife.

. In the past 5 years I think I’ve shot 1 moose and 1 elk total, that alone should speak volumes as to how much I want to be able to jump in this unregulated harvesting group. I know that there are plenty of regulated hunters who have harvested a pile more than me, and I know there are some who poach. The difference is with the regulated hunters there are laws that prevent abuse under the risk of prosecution.

LaCa probably represents 90% of the Alberta Hunting population, both regulated and unregulated, but that 10% can make a big dent, as noted by JD with 5 pregnant cows being shot. It would be nice to prosecute that/those individuals.