View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclund1946 View Post
I am sorry that you feel that way but am not a bit surprised. You apparently have very little experience with loading for cartridges other than a 6mm PPC and anything but custom actions. I know that there are very few combinations available to short range BR shooters, that are competitive, and load development has already been done by others.

What you see as a week load on the left is a 20 caliber cartridge pushing a 39 grain bullet to 3500 fps. For your information that load runs very close to the same trajectory as a factory 22-250, to 500 yards, and bucks the wind better as well. It is accurate enough, and has enough energy to take a gopher to that distance in every rifle that it is shot in with no further load development. The Saami max pressure for 222, 223 204R cases run between 50,000 and 59,000PSI and that load is likely around 56,000 PSI. The one you see next to it ran the 39 BK to 3650 fps , likely at about 60,000 PSI and is only about 50 fps behind a 20 Tactical that runs 63,000 PSI with a powder of similar burn rate running 39/40 grain bullets.

There is nothing wrong with the fire control of the rifle that shot a 55 Berger to 3340 fps which is at least 100 fps faster than any load that Berger shows for that bullet in a 204R. The pressures run with that load in both the Winchester and Lapua Brass were likely running 65,000 PSI as the Lapua brass would not hold a primer although the primers did not blow which takes about 0.007" primer pocket expansion to happen and likely 67,000 PSI.

This thread was entitled "Developing a good Load" which is important in any discipline and something that is not very well understood, especially by you. I have been posting to show what I have found to work very well and how I read pressure signs, which is obviously something else you know very little about when it comes to the real world. No shooter will have to spend any money, or go down the wrong path, by learning these techniques as a good load is a good load. If they want to go on into competitive shooting they will be well prepared and may have their eyes to enable them to carry on.

I have no need to get into competition to hone my cartridge and load development skills and have every right to post on any thread I see fit without this kind of harassment from someone as ignorant as you.
wouldn’t it be better to fix the fire control issues with your rifle and then see where the best accuracy is with out having premature primer pressure issues?
Again I can not speak for the long range methods , some one from that discipline would have to Comment , but I can tell you that for short range your methods are counter productive to the best accuracy.i don’t see a group in your posts that would make any short range competitor well prepared for anything except an epic beating ,and that is bad for the sport