View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 05:15 PM
Banned

This year would have been 8yrs but an amazing twist of fate changed it all.

I guide and I also have a 17yr old son who hunts, between that and having my moose archery or elk tags, I don’t have the need to fill my whitetail tag.

I know people who HAVE to shoot something just to fill the tag..... and why? For years I have passed on deer most would be ecstatic to shoot, but for me a 150-160 class deer is not what I’m after. As a matter of fact, since finally pulling the trigger it seems a 180-190 class whitetail is about where it starts for me if I’m shooting a whitetail buck. I have piles of deer in the 150-170 range and in their time they were the trophy I was looking for, today not so much though.

I started out shooting anything with horns, then it had to be a 4x4, then a 5x5, then I shot my first 154” buck and the obsession set in. That’s how my journey set out and the course it’s taken, many others have totally different goals and experiences and I’m totally ok with whatever they may choose as an animal worthy of harvest. If your happy with your harvest, all I can say is congrats on your success!!!