View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Congrats on another great day of fishing, and thanks for sharing that video. It is always so much more fun when you are using your own rod instead of hand bombing the line onto the snow and ice. It's also a real rush when th fish makes a long run and your line is singing. Personally I would have used at least 20 lbs braided, but what do I know. I'm sitting at a computer and your putting fish on the ice.Keep up the great work, and by the way, do you also hunt?
Yeah I have a rod rigged with braid I would probably use next time as well, but this is all I had there with me with a bobber stop on the line. Could of tied one up, but this worked. Goes to show you can do a lot with 10 or 12 pound test whatever it is.

You know I haven't done any hunting since I was a kid for grouse. Maybe one day I'll get back into birding but for now fishing is an all year affair for me. We're not really much of a meat eating family. The wife and kids are pretty much vegetarian except for the odd time they may eat a little fish.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures