Thread: Rabbit hunting
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 01:41 PM

Default Rabbit hunting

Just ordered myself an Excalibur Axiom Crossbow. My girlfriend is going to get one as well. She doesn't eat farmed meat and I always wanted a crossbow so we're going to attempt some small game hunting this summer. We're thinking rabbits and possibly some birds. Don't think we're up to dealing with any large game carcasses as of yet I've been talking to everyone I know who hunts, however they are all people who hunt with guns and usually larger game. If anyone has any advice as far as hunting techniques or good places to hunt near Edmonton or even in the rest of the province as we intend to do some touring this summer (mostly in the direction of B. C) it would be very much appreciated. The only strategy I've heard for rabbits is for people to line up strategically near thickets and such where lots of tracks are seen while one person goes around and scares the rabbits all towards the rifle-ready hunters. This however doesn't sound like a good system for two people with crossbows. Should I get some cheap tree stands? Or just creep through the trees and try and find something? What should I do and where can I go? I would like to do this the right way. Any help you can give would be much appreciated. Cheers