View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 11:24 AM

Default #3 and 4

The wife let me out yesterday. As I approached my first stand there was an at least 200 inch mule deer 170yards grazing, didn't even care I was there. Any way called in 2 but they hung up at 169 yards, easy shot but the grass was in the way and it was full frontal. Tried coaxing but nothing, I watched them leave rather than smarten those two up. I thought they'd be hungrier but there were still gophers out. I'll get them later.
Next stand, I was over a coulee with the coyotes barking from their cave/den and wouldn't come out for nothing., not even a distressed pup, sheesh.
Third stand was easy, as I walked in and jumped a coyote sleeping in the grass, he ran through the cows and into the open, I barked and he stopped at 225 yards looked back and I was the last thing he saw. He was a mangy critter though.The farmer was saying he's been seeing a lot of mangy ones lately.
Couple more stands but the coyotes were just not interested. I was watching them sitting at 7-800 yards and just looking but not very interested, twice that happened. It was getting frustrating.
Last stand this little guy came from across a pasture I think it was canola(hard stems,really noisy) into some really nice green stuff (it was the only patch of anything green anywhere). Well he stopped at 60 yards head on and that was that.Saw 6 and managed 2, a couple magpies and a gopher for fun.

Cheers

Last edited by KegRiver; 04-07-2012 at 10:40 AM.