View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaltor View Post
Not to knock Icky, because I do agree with most comments by other users.
Icky's prices are unbeatable, he is very quick to ship and his communication is excellent, without a doubt very professional.
On orders I have placed in the past, the quality of his flies were top notch, none better. But the last order I recieved, the flies quality was questionable, very cobby ties and cheap, dull hooks.
Has anyone else noticed a reduction in the quality of his flies? Maybe I just got a bad batch, I hope he hasn't gone to a cheaper/inferior source for his flies.
I will order from Icky again, because my past orders have all been top notch.

Like I was saying, I just ordered from them for the first time ever.

I only had a few problems with the flies I recieved... I ordered a ton of weevils... I also noticed that they were not the style that were in the picture on the website.. I expected a different style of weevil, and got a style that I am questionable about - I don't doubt that it will work, but i prefer a slightly different tie.

my 2nd problem was the double bunnies... 1 of them (at least) was tied slightly crooked.. The strip sits lopsided, making for bizarre looking action when stripping in.

This being said, I also ordered 100 flies... MOST of them were excellent... I'm not complaining, but if those weevils don't catch fish I might be.