View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 03:20 PM

I think you can judge/predict teams to play within a certain range (narrower or wider), but there are always ups and downs, and it's pretty nervy to confidently predict finishes.

Flames look like an OK team. Should win more than they lose, make playoffs, might even concievably win division if the stars align, would be very surprised to see them past round two of playoffs. It could happen.... and I could get a B&C buck too.

Oiler's band of possibilities is wider (up and down), more of a crap shoot. Made good offseason improvements, on paper. But could still miss playoffs, could get through a round or two, and that would be considered a huge success. Can't see them as cup contenders either. Less past evidence to go on than Calgary... More upside AND more downside. And I'm an Oiler fan.

So here is my quandry... If I had to bet REAL money.... team more likely to make playoffs: Flames. Team more likely to win Cup: Oilers (Cause if they make playoffs it's likely with a big improvement). Slow and steady and decent versus a total crap-shoot.