View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Banned

Just dont want any misinformation running around, u argue on paper anyone can be a star with a horizontal bow at 100, I agree, this thread came from a crossbow inclusion to our archery hunting opportunities thread, comments were made that just as easy to do it on game etc. And for some with right gear and prep it might be, but at same time I think it's good for all those educating themselves on the tool, as this topic will be hot for years maybe decades to come, that as it relates to bowhunting it is 100% bow. I understand archery definition, I'm ok with what as happened so far. Just want threads on topic to have full picture.

Ehuntr good job and think post has plenty of relevant info for people to learn from.

Ie; u tell me if any 3 year old should be dialing 46 clicks past a 50 yard zero to get to 100 and then see how cool it is to watch the arrow arc way up and then finally hear impact a second later on live animals in field conditions?(ehuntr's own comments from original post) those time of flight and arc descriptions remind me of ringing steel past 500 yards with my rifles...hardly the sort of thing average Joe will be doing in hunting conditions

End of day....100 yards with any bow is very long range for the tool as it relates to killing animals and very few will be able to do it consistently