View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Banned

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=VbefCoY71Os

The above is very common, dime a dozen stuff, 100 yrd with compounds for groups and hunt vids are all over the place. We shoot like this too all summer only to 80 as we only run 7 pins so as we r ok with only going that far but another 20 wouldn't make much difference, two of three in our group have no issue wailing the kill zone on the buck targets all day at 80, 3rd guy I think only pinned to 60 so that's all he shoots too and is proficient at, he got a pope muley at 65 a couple years back, the other guy pinned to 80 has two or three kills between 70 and 75 in past couple seasons, and my long kills r bunch in the 50's and a 64 and 65...if we wanted to prove anything like the original post in this thread or the video above it would be simply a matter of setting a pin up and moving back another 20 and no big deal, we recognize that it's easily possible on paper but not really that useful in the field, I'd have the ability if I had a slider single pin sight but likely never use it in field just practice, just prefer fixed 7 pin for hunting just as most rifle hunters prefer to kill well inside 300, most bow hunters prefer to kill inside 60.

The gear and plenty of shooters more than capable of showing off at 100 and beyond on paper, compounds or crossbows, totally different when it's on game in field conditions and u want highest percent chance of clean kill. 100 with compounds/crossbows is equivalent to 5-600 with a rifle, very few will do it, even fewer will do it consistently.