View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Banned

Doesn't make definition of archery, that's ok by me love my compound. Its a bow in eyes of hunting...period. My big goal is simply getting all sides out there so people don't just get the protectionist selfish side...this is about the tool, learn the full story before drawing conclusions...the world is better place when we do it that way.

Funny on groups, me and buds flip groups pics every year to each other but on forum? Why? Show off? No thanks, I'll rip some 2" groups at 60 and the odd 3" at 80 and flip a pic but no sense on forum, ....... being we r well inside kill zones with compounds already to further than most should shoot...I fail to see any difference there with crossbow, both can be shot well enough to kill stuff to ranges most shouldn't be attempting to kill stuff. I haven't googled long distance crossbow kills but there r enough with compounds there is no point.

More consistency on paper is nice, appears to be an advantage and it is if shooting groups on paper is goal, but we don't shoot groups on animals, getting one in the kill zone...so it's a bit of an illusion. Going 100 on game the issue isn't group size...it's time of flight, wind, field and animal conditions, assume u r rested with crossbow...compounds never have to worry about that , it's a good try ehuntr but long rang bow stuff is for very few stuations and shooters, lobbing projectiles that arc way up and big delays before hearing impacts....they r the same.

There is no advantage of crossbow over compound in name of hunting.

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 06-12-2013 at 07:52 PM.