View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy honker View Post
What have you been doing to help your shoulder?

I have really bad shoulders from years of work, and found that the things that have helped the most are shoulder "crunches" or whatever they're called (rolling your shoulders holding the weight at waste height)...makes my shoulders feel better instantly.

Also using a foam roller has helped a ton.

Still, some nights they hurt so bad I can'r even sleep, and today I was at the park with my son...tried stretching em out on the monkey bars and couldn't even get my arms straightened over my head, huge pain.
I've found that stretching to a position that hurts alittle then holding in that position as long as possible helps the most. At first I would push the stretch as far as I could stand the pain, that only seemed to create a new problem with my neck and upper back. I have also had good results at the swimming pool, using their climbing wall, with most my body in the water and my sore sholder extended up as high I can get it. I then grab a block on the wall and try to pull myself up. I have had several medical professionals confirm the frozen sholder diagnoses, and they have all said to keep stretching and be patient as it may take up to 3 years. I would suggest to find out exactly what is the cause of your sholder pain, then follow the dr suggestions. It dosnt hurt to get a second opinion just to be sure. Hope this helps u, good luck. Pm me if I can help any other way.