View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
I would say that lots of things gave very little relief (cortisone shot was excruciating and she had a bad flare from it).U of C used IMS and acupuncture and heat packs.We bought a TENS machine and she got some relief from that for sure. Also bought a rolled pillow from Marks work wearhouse def helped her get comfortable enough to sleep. But in my opinion the most benefit was from a little roller pulley system we hung from a hook overhead and she would pull down gently with one hand lifting the other and then alternate right then left - very small shoulder movements are critical so that you do not allow it to freeze completely. Every night with the rollers for a few months and then slowly her ROM started to increase.Once the range of motion increased then things improved much more quickly after that.

Very very frustrating condition. Could not drive our manual transmission car for about 7 months or do her own hair.
She feels that it all started innocently when she just reached into the backseat of the car to grab her purse. No injury or trauma -just a small tweak
I credit that little pulley system for helping me a lot also. It was the first home exercise that phiso, had me do. I believe that you are right about having to continue to move the shoulder, even small movements, so it does not get worse.