View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned

So,,, my dad and I pulled out some old regs and whitefish from the sheep were a limit of 15 and possesion 30. The generation/harvest was equal to the current population of fisherfolk,, in otherwords 50,000 fishers got to pull/harvest more than 240,000 fisherfolk today.

As for the Sheep river, I'm sure there are plenty on here who remember the river charcoal grey from bank to bank for miles on end with rockies in september and october. I tell this often to the youngins but they just roll their eyes. WE DEPLETED THE RUNS DUE TO POOR REGULATIONS AND WITHOUT FACTORING IN POPULATION/DENSITY/PRESSURE ON THOSE LAKES AND STREAMS. Please admit that Jimboy, I side with you but the possesion limits were crazy,,,, Minewanka is even crazier,,, (It was Shela ?, through heritage canada that she saved the over harvest limits on a fish that takes 5 years to grow 5 lbs). There is nothing wrong with citing our faults,, we might have not known but we said nothing as a license was $7.00 per year and the regs promoted harvest above and beyond conservation. It's Canada Day, I've been sipping and I apologise for my inarticulation on the matter.

Guilty as charged!