View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
That right there is the key! That's what annoys me.

In California an environmental group, "Center for Biological Diversity" launched a lawsuit against California Department of Fish and Game for stocking trout without consideration of biodiversity and the impact of stocking on other species. They sorta won and the DFG stopped stocking trout in a lot of lakes and streams for this reason and had to do more research on environmental impact before future stocking. (not that I like the outcome as a fishermen because this group was trying to save some yellow legged mountain frog which I don't really care to climb a mountain to see, but that aside).

I think this is what we need in Alberta. A class action lawsuit to show that the governments fisheries management strategies have destroyed and changed native fish populations. That native perch and pike are now collapsed. Hopefully it would stop them from stocking walleye in more lakes where they don't belong. Maybe even allow us to fish the walleye out of wabamun and get it back to a trophy pike fishery.

Just need a leader. Must be some lawyer out there who knows how this stuff works and likes fishing... and wouldn't mind some volunteer moments to think if its a possibility.

it's the same point I was trying to get across on the last thread. There is too much emphasis on loading the numbers of walleye, like a sacred species.

Get the balance in check and the numbers will improve naturally, with healthy fish.

At least that's what I believe will happen.