Thread: Status Natives
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Mb-MBR, to your first point, I find it hard to believe that even you think it would be self regulated responsibly without any type of accountability. It wouldn't, and it would have nothing to do with my 3%.

To your second point, sure you do it because it's your right and maybe you only take your share, but I have seen first hand a reefer truck with three elk laying on the road and I could not count how many were already loaded but I could see it was more than three, and there was only two of them there. I don't know their story, I just know there was a lot more there than two huge families could eat in a year.

To your third point, the crown wouldn't stir the pot unless there was gross negligence, not worth their time to pursue any actions.

To your fourth point, like I said, you yourself said it isn't about the killing, taking all legal species that a white man is allowed to take can fill your freezer for the year, there is plenty of things to learn outdoors in the wild other than killing. The problem on the reserves are a product of the reserve. 10% of the Canadian population is responsible for 35% of the prison population. This is not because of their race, it's because they are given too much, spoiled if you will. The ones who work for all they have aren't the ones in prison.

For your fifth point, all outdoorsmen have a vested interest in our outdoors, not just ones with treaty rights, it's something that has been passed down to me and I am currently passing it on to my sons. And you are totally wrong about native outfitters, I WORK FOR ONE!

From your posts I can't help but think you feel you have more rights to Canada than I should have, and don't think it's right for you to have any restrictions placed on you. With great power comes great responsibility, (Spider-Man) but not everyone has the self control.

I'm only making a point that you can have your cake and eat it too, I'd just like to see changes to help preserve our hunting bounties and privledges. I don't want your rights taken away, just fairly updated.
Perfection!!!