View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 11:05 AM

This always bogs down because of the idea of breed bans. We don't need breed bans. What we need is accountability. Unless sued, somebody can own a dog, the dog can kill somebody, and all the law can do is order the dog be put down.

Let's change that up. For starters we could insist on liability insurance for dog owners. For all the people that argue the statistics, insurance companies know a thing or two about statistics. I'll insure my lab, you insure your cane corso.

For people with more money than brains, we can also change the criminal code. Regardless of breed, you will be charged with misdemeanor assault up to manslaughter for first offense, up to second degree murder if your dog has a criminal record of violence.

Since dogs are no riskier than cars, insure your dog like a car. If your dog rips apart a person or another dog, not one red cent of my taxes should be spent helping the victims, you pay for it, or pay for insurance.

Since it is always the owner's fault and never the dog's, people should be charged criminally just as for any violent crime they would have committed with their own hands.