View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I am not traumatized by it, quit being ridiculous.

"INCOMING MISSILE" anywhere would terrify people.

The truth is I feel for people, maybe you do not?

For someone as seemingly well travelled and outspoken as you are on every single thread ever in general, these replies sure seem out of character for you.

I am not saying we should all declare a day of grieving for the poor people that had a scare, but making light of something so sinister is well lets say in the utmost of poor taste.

Have you ever heard anyone mention December 7 1941? Check it out on Google, see if maybe just possibly the locale of Hawaii would have some bearing on people being terrified.

And yes, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine. I will leave it at that.
I am certainly not feeling the concern to the same level as you. Nor likely were the others that posted the memes. Given that the start of WWII was real for the islands and this was a human error and no missiles were launched I see you making it a big stretch to connect to two so yes...it is seen differently than you.

Not sure how else to articulate. You are taking this very hard. You may not think so but based upon your posts to me I see it that way.

At no time did I make light of everyone nor of the whole situation. I pointed out both sides as one can reasonably see it. In fact I did acknowledge the bad side of the mistake. However...to seemingly get so upset over a mistake of which someone is feeling far worse than anyone due to their impact on others...taking a step back...we can agree to disagree on the severity of the impact on mankind or Hawaii.

PS Don't watch late night talk shows for a while.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin