View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Heavyhitr View Post
I really want to get a smoker... I think I'm going to get the master built extra wide propane smoker. Anybody use this smoker? If so how is it?
Depends on what kind of smoking your wanting to do. I have a masterbuilt electric and a traeger. from my experience if your trying to smoke fish jerky or smokies/peperoni, propane smokers run a bit hot and very difficult to maintain the lower temperatures needed for drying the meat. A propane smoker shines when your doing ribs or brisket, chicken, turkey. when you need the 180 and up temps. they are awesome. also if your going the propane route i would recommend one with 2 doors so you can add chips without letting all the heat/smoke out. Traeger's are fancy wood fired grills, they are just like a BBQ, but they use expensive pieces of wood instead of fossil fuels. but holy F does it taste great. i haven't had poor results yet. My wife won't order a steak when we go out anymore, after a Traeger steak. but some of the other brands of wood fired grills have awesome features like sear stations and other features you might like.