View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:36 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I'll see what that Strelock app tells me. If max magnification is going to put me the same +/- an inch or two high for all hash marks that would be something easily remembered and okay for me. If the zeros at various distances are all over the board then I'd just as soon give up the x1.5 magnification.

All you'll have to do is increase your magnification to match the new load. The Zeiss calculator will do this for you. The secondary reticles will still be yardage indicated as they are now. It's unfortunate that a few people are trying to confuse the issue. Really nothing will change except you'll be able to utilize a higher magnification. The Rapid Z gives you yardage indicated secondary reticles in all but a few cases of extremely flat shooting cartridges. It's just a matter of using the appriopriate magnification. All you will need to remember is the 4 = 400 5= 500 6 =600 at the appropriate magnification. The Strelock app won't give you the info that the Zeiss calculator will for a Rapid Z.