View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesneights View Post
At the end of the day it is just reducing hunting opportunity. Which I believe allowing our government to make any decision to cut hunting oppurtinity for the general public while allowing landowner tags and subsistence hunting is a negative. With all the dependents in this province and the way things are going we will be lucky if the next generation can hunt at all without a big wallet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lr1000 View Post
However if the gov starts to try and control sheep to more of a degree then it is now, by putting on full curl. Where is it going to end? The whitetail, mule deer and elk enthusiasts will want draws, to increase trophy quality. Where does it end, we will have no general tags in 10 years. We hunters are our own worst enemies. I too would like to see more mature Rams every year. However I have one and now I'm more in it for the experience every year and if I take one every ten years then so be it but I would like to be able to go every year.
I don't know what the best solution is or the right answer. I do know that the dynamics of the ram herds in much of the province is screwed up due to us killing almost all the rams in the age class we are now. It is not natural or healthy for the sheep population that we kill off almost all the rams before they reach a class 4 status. All hunters and especially sheep hunters should be taking a longer term veiw of the situation instead of a selfish short term veiw. Are we conservationists first and foremost or not?